Sunday 12 November 2017

A GREAT SPA


Holiday Inn Brentwood


Located just off junction 28 of the M25, where the A12 and M25 meet, and within easy access of London, Kent, Essex and Hertfordshire, the Holiday Inn Brentwood is situated in a prime location. Just two miles from the bustling Essex town of Brentwood, with its extensive choice of shops, restaurants and entertainment venues, the hotel is the ideal base for anyone visiting this part of the country.

I was staying at the hotel for just one night, a lay over between business trips. Earlier in the day, I had set off from my home on the Essex coast to drive to London Excel to attend the World Travel Market. After an exhausting day of meetings and seminars, I was looking forward to a good meal and a good nights rest. I was not disappointed.




After a very slow drive, due to rush hour traffic, of approximately one hour from London Excel, I arrived at the hotel. There is a large car park at the front of the hotel where parking is free for hotel guests or £15 a day for visitors. I was lucky and found a space close to the hotel entrance. Carrying only my small overnight bag, I made my way to reception to check in. Entry to the hotel is gained via a covered entrance with large, glass, double doors opening into a very clean and welcoming reception area. There are a number of very comfortable leather chairs and sofas, creating cosy, intimate seating areas which makes it an ideal place for guests to relax and unwind, or perhaps hold informal meetings.



 













 



The reception staff who greeted me on my arrival were extremely friendly, very polite and welcoming. In no time at all, I was checked in and making my way to what proved to be a most comfortable and pleasant room. The room layout may appear a little old fashioned to some tastes, but the guest rooms, as well as the public areas, are extremely well maintained by the hotel staff, and the cleanliness of all areas that I witnessed during my stay were of a very high standard. My room consisted of a double bed, dressing table and mirror, bedside cabinets and wardrobe, a set of drawers, coffee table and two occasional chairs. Facilities within standard rooms include complimentary tea and coffee, flat screen TV with pay to view movies, hairdryer, iron and ironing board, telephone and air conditioning. Bathrooms include a bathtub with overhead shower, and complimentary toiletries. Executive rooms also include premium hot drinks, complimentary water, bathrobes and slippers.





After a much needed cup of coffee, I decided to take a look at the rest of the hotel. The hotel boasts a total of 149 guest rooms, these are spread over three floors and include some rooms which are classed as accessible rooms. There are also 9 flexible function rooms which can accommodate a total of 120 guests and are ideal for business meetings, weddings or private functions. On the ground floor, just off of the reception area, can be found the very popular bar area with ample, comfortable seating and tables, perfect for a relaxing drink or meal. Further on from the bar is Traders, the hotel's restaurant, which serves breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks. Here, parents will welcome the fact that children eat free.
 


 



One of the reasons that I chose this hotel, besides its perfect location for my needs, is the fact that it has an excellent pool and spa area. The spa consists of a gym area, treatment rooms, whirlpool, steam room, and both male and female saunas. The pool is a very good size for a hotel, and the sauna, steam room and whirlpool were very relaxing, just what I needed to de-stress after a busy day. Ian and his team are always on hand to ensure guests can safely enjoy their spa experience, and Ian, a Registered Exercise Professional, can advise guests on a suitable fitness regime.

Breakfast the next day consisted of the usual fare, an ample array of hot and cold food and beverages, all very well presented in a self service buffet style. The food was very tasty and the service extremely good, with staff keeping tables clean and food replenished in a timely manner. After breakfast I had time to relax in the spa area before the short drive to my next business meeting in Hertfordshire. I left the hotel feeling refreshed and ready for the day ahead, a most pleasant and satisfactory stay.


 


Other facilities at the hotel include a dry cleaning and laundry service, as well as a luggage storage service. Free WI Fi is available throughout the hotel. The hotel will be undergoing extensive refurbishment in 2018, therefore, descriptions of the hotel layout and facilities within this review will be open to change in due course. However, one thing that I am certain won't change is the wonderful service that guests staying at the Holiday Inn Brentwood receive from General Manager James Barkhouse and his dedicated team. I thoroughly enjoyed my brief stay and I very much look forward to visiting this hotel again following its refurbishment.

Areas of interest, within easy travelling of Brentwood, include the City of London, just 30 minutes by train, and Southend, with all its amusement arcades, entertainment houses, pier and beach, approximately 30 minutes by road. Old MacDonalds Farm is a mere two miles away, where children are permitted to pet the animals, and the large Lakeside shopping outlet is a 15 minute drive away.
 
 

 
The full address of the hotel is: Holiday Inn, Brook Street, Brentwood, Essex CM14 5NF

For more information please visit   www.ihg.com/holidayinn


No comments:

Post a Comment